For every order over £20 we plant a tree on your behalf!
We have partnered up with Ecologi, an environmental organisation that funds a variety of projects all with the aim of reversing climate change, including carbon reduction and tree planting.
Why Plant Trees:
Forest restoration and reforestation are well-known climate solutions because of trees’ ability to absorb carbon from the atmosphere and store it in their biomass.
This carbon absorption ability is entirely natural, and far exceeds the efficiency of any manmade carbon removal tech that currently exists.
As well as carbon sequestration though, planting trees is a wonderful thing to do for a number of other reasons:
• Trees provide habitat, shade, shelter, and food for local wildlife. Planting trees therefore supports biodiversity and helps to prevent species loss.
• Trees can provide products that local community members can sell – like fruits and nuts – without harming the trees themselves.
• Degraded soil increases the risk of natural hazards like landslides, and the roots of trees help to stabilise the soil and minimise this risk for local communities.
• Trees can help to purify air and water sources, providing better health outcomes for local communities.
• Coastal tree species like mangroves provide excellent natural barriers which protect the shoreline from storms.
• Trees make us feel better: research suggests they have a positive impact on our mental health.